Sex functional impotence or loss of sexual power, in language of science called erectile dysfunction, is inability to get and maintain erection for a satisfactory sexual congress. It is a frequent disease which affects millions of men all over the world. Impotence is inherent to aging men, though it may affect younger men as well. In the latter case, impotence may be due to anxiety or stress. Men who confront this problem become depressed and their sexual drive is lessened. As a result, their relationship with the opposite sex discontinue making both partners suffer.
Impotence declares itself when you are unable to achieve erection or maintain it during the sexual congress. It can be of physical or psychological nature and detecting the underlying cause is the key factor for adequate treatment prescription. If you have morning erections or can achieve it masturbating, then your problem is most likely of psychological character. If you are not sure about the underlying cause, check it with your consulting physician.
Possible Underlying Causes of Impotence
Causes of physical character include:
• Inadequate blood supply to the virile member: the arteries that transport blood to the penis may have become narrowed and there is not enough blood flow for achieving erection;
• Conditions that affect nerves going to the virile member: stroke, Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, etc.
• Diabetes – the most common cause of male impotence. This disease may affect nerve response and blood vessels;
• Injury of the nerve going to the virile member: spinal cord injury, nearby structures surgery, fracture of the pelvis, radiation therapy of genital area can be the cause of erectile disorders.
• Hormonal shift: testosterone deficiency can also be the reason of inability to achieve erection.
Causes of psychological character include:
• Anxiety, depression or pang of guilt;
• Stressful working conditions;
• Relationship issues;
• Sexual boredom;
• Unresolved issues about erotic orientation
• Abuse drinking behavior;
• Abuse smoking behavior;
• Regular consumption of rich food.
How to kill male impotence?
Herbal remedies known since ancient times may help to cure the disease. For example, yohimbe, a chemical found in African tree bark, is known to improve erection; ginkgo biloba is said to improve blood supply to the virile member. Still, there is a lack of scientific evidence to support their effectiveness. Pumps are used to increase the penis size and stimulate blood flow to it, thus helping to achieve an erection. But they may be burdensome to use.
Sexuality counseling and administration of therapy promotes treatment efficacy. A frank talk with your physician or sexologist can help in discovering the seeds of the disease.
Impotence Prescription treatment
Prescription treatment is the most preferred option for the majority of men afflicted by the disease. The prescription drugs work by improving the blood supply to the virile member, hence helping to achieve erection. There are 3 options available:
The first drug product used for impotence or erectile dysfunction treatment. It has been used by more than 20 million men worldwide.
The most long-lasting ED drug, which starts working in 30 minutes and whose action continues up to 36 hours.
The drug works faster and has more prolonged action than its competitors. It can be used by men with diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol level.